Exploring for Options

After lots of debate and a little research, we are going on a 3 day trek over Chola Pass. We hope to see Choltse, Everest, Ama Dablam and Cho Oyo if the weather holds. We are in search of a great objective. I really like the looks of the Teng Kangpoche, but its definitely has a dubious mixed crux start and it requires a Liason Officer, which requires one of us to go to Katmandu and a bit of money. So we will try to stick to the ‘trekking’ peaks which are under 6500m generally. We are also hoping for a first ascent of course… Audrey and Ines were very excited about the North face of Kanguru but its not a F.A. So we will see what we can find. I am super psyched to see more of the landscape and experience trekking over 5400m as well as sleeping almost that high in Gyoko. Yesterday was amazing seeing Kwandge and Teng Kangpoche and a very special Tibetan Monestry. I feel way better and I feel grateful to see this part of the world. Unfortunately, we are watching the lower elevation ice, like Losar, fall down! (I see Losar from my window! 800m ice climb which is no longer : 0 ) )
More news at chrismas when we return to Namche.


Leave a comment

Filed under Friends

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s