Ok, so first off, I competed in semi-finals. Yay! I did okay. I did some new moves I have never tried before… like a figure-4 off a stein pull. I also really felt the ‘mythical’ jet-lag and fatigue from international travel and being an excited rookie at the world cup. My tool popped off a hold that I didn’t read right. I learned A LOT and again I am grateful for going relatively early in the field so I could watch the others.
I want to quickly say a big shout out for the volunteers and workers in Saas Fee, who are there all day in a cold environment being extremely supportive to the athletes. Specifically the 3 people in this photo took great care of me. KUDOS
More interestingly… lets see the top 10 fashion tips:
#10.Wear an item that represents your country, whether its your Oh! Canada toque or just a big floppy woolly hat that shouts ‘Canuck’!
#9. Fur around your face
#8. A brightly colored harness that contrasts well with your clothes.
7. It’s okay to wear pink if you’re a male, in fact, its respectable!
6. Hot pink and turquoise blue are the NEW BLACK or Green, you know what i mean!
5. ACCESSORIZE…Scarves spell STYLE
4. Brightly colored pants and shiny puffy coats
3. Purple boots- nothing more need be said
2. its ACTUALLY a regulation that you zip up your shirt whilst you compete… I had to be told a couple times ; )
and #1. wearing denim whilst competing!
and i just need to make a special mention of 2 Russian competitors who are over 40 and CRANK really hard. They inspire me greatly…